Have you met Bob? If you've been in the shop, you almost certainly have met our hardworking manager with an eye for detail and a passion for shredding. He's a BMX rider who never grew all the way up, and a suspension expert that can dial in your full suspension rig like no one else in town.
1. What was your first bike?
2. What is your perfect bike ride?
Either a stroll with my wife and son. Carving some turns in a bowl at the skate park or hitting some big delicious dirt jumps hidden in the woods
3. If you could tell a customer one maintenance tip, what would it be?
Check your tire pressure regularly.
4. What is your proudest accomplishment on the bike?
Still being able to ride after all the stupid things I’ve done on a bike so far. Still being able to ride a BMX bike as an old guy.
5. If you could have any 2018 bike from the CDC line-up, what rig would you take home?
Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt. GX spec with RockShox suspension.
6. What is your favorite trail to ride in West Michigan?
Maple Hill. Or Charlotte skate park. Undisclosed Dirt Jumps.
7. What is your favorite place to ride in the WORLD?
Haven’t been yet, but will be Whistler in July 2018. Ray's is amazing.
8. What makes CDC different from other bike shops?
We cater to the mountain bike/gravel crowd. We’re different than a lot of shops. We live and breathe dirt.
9. What’s the one tool/snack/item you won’t leave home without?
10. What would you tell a new rider about getting into cycling?
Have fun and don’t take it too seriously.